Helpful Notes for Group Visits
To ensure that your group has a safe and enjoyable visit to the national Wallace Monument:
- You should plan for a minimum period of 1 and a 1⁄2 hours for a visit to the Monument – allowing time to guide the group from the Car Park to the Monument, to visit each of the levels within the Monument itself, to spend time enjoying and interpreting the view from The Crown, to visit the Souvenir and Gift Shop, and to return back to the Car Park.
- If you have more than 20 visitors in your group – then the best way of visiting the Monument is to split the party into smaller groups of 10, each of which can visit a different area simultaneously. For example – one group could go directly to The Crown, and visit each level of the Monument from the top downwards, whilst another group can start their visit at the first level, etc.
- For school parties, there should be at least one supervising adult or teacher with each group of 15 children.
- Each level of the Monument is accessed by a narrow, spiral staircase, with a total of 246 steps to The Crown. It is important to keep to the right hand side when climbing up, and to give way to people coming down.
- The safety of all visitors to the Monument is important – and children must be supervised at all times, especially when they reach The Crown. Items must not be thrown from the top – as they could be a danger to people below.
- The Souvenir and Gift Shop is situated at the entrance level, and has a wide range of items available for purchase. Children should be supervised when visiting this area.
- Dedicated parking spaces are provided for coaches in the Car Park, and toilet facilities are available within the Visitor Reception Building in this area. These should be used for group visits, as there are no suitable toilet facilities within the Monument itself.
- The personnel at the Monument will do all they can to make sure that your group enjoys its time at the Monument to the full, and they will be happy to deal with any enquiries, either beforehand or during your visit.
If you wish to make a group reservation enquiry please click here to access our enquiry form.
For further group reservation enquiries or information please contact:
The National Wallace Monument
Hillfoots Road, Causewayhead
Stirling FK9 5LF
Tel: 01786 472 140