School Parties and Educational Groups
Important Information to ensure that your group has a safe and enjoyable visit
- You should plan for a minimum period of 11⁄2 hours for a visit to The Monument - allowing time to guide the group from The Car Park to The Monument, to visit each of the levels within The Monument itself, to spend time enjoying and interpreting the view from The Crown, to visit The Souvenir and Gift Shop, and to return back to The Car Park.
- If you have more than 15 pupils - then you will be requested to split the party into smaller groups, each of which can visit a different area simultaneously. For example - one group can go directly to The Crown, and visit each level of The Monument from the top downwards, whilst another group can start their visit at the first level, etc.
- There should be at least one supervising adult or teacher with every 15 pupils at all times during the visit.
- Each level of The Monument is accessed by a narrow, spiral staircase, with a total of 246 steps to The Crown. It is important to keep to the right hand side when climbing up, and to give way to people coming down.
- The safety of all visitors to The Monument is important - and pupils must be supervised at all times, especially when they reach The Crown. Items must not be thrown from the top - as they could be a danger to people below.
- Souvenir and Gift Shops are located at the entrance level in the Monument, and in the Visitor Reception building (at the Car Park level). A wide range of items are available for purchase in both areas. Pupils must be supervised when visiting the shops, with at least one supervising adult or teacher for every 15 pupils.
- Dedicated parking spaces are provided for coaches in The Car Park, and toilet facilities are available within The Visitor Reception Building in this area. These should be used for group visits, as there are no toilet facilities within The Monument.
The personnel at The National Wallace Monument will do all they can to make sure that your group enjoys its time at The Monument to the full, and they will happily deal with any enquiries, either beforehand or during your visit.
For further group reservations, enquiries or information please contact:
The National Wallace Monument
Hillfoots Road, Causewayhead
Stirling FK9 5LF
Tel: 01786 472 140