Wake Up With Wallace!
24th Oct 2017
Half price History Hour at The National Wallace Monument
Save 50% on admission charges when you visit the Monument between 10:00am and 11:00am – from November to February.*
Start your day in Stirling with this great-value early morning offer – and take advantage of this special opportunity to explore Stirling’s famous landmark – built to commemorate Sir William Wallace.
Wallace’s life and legacy are the focus of three exhibition galleries inside the Monument –
- In The Hall of Arms you can how The Battle of Stirling Bridge was fought and won, and this gallery shows how 1297 came to be a landmark year in the history of Scotland, and in the life of William Wallace.
- The Hall of Heroes celebrates famous Scots who were inspired by the country’s first national hero – and is home to the legendary Wallace Sword.
- The Royal Chamber has facts and figures from the story behind the building of the Monument.
At the top of the 220ft. Monument is The Crown, which offers stunning panoramic views in all directions. The remarkable views are ever changing, with the winter months bringing views towards the snow-covered peaks around Loch Lomond in the west, while the Ochil Hills and the Forth Valley stretch out towards the east.
The National Wallace Monument is open all year (Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day).
The Monument will be closed for maintenance on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th January 2018. From November to February the Monument (and Legends Coffee House) are open from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Early Bird Offer in Legends Coffee House
£1 tea of coffee available daily from 10am to 11am.*
Warm up with a hot drink in Legends Coffee House, the perfect spot for a relaxing break.
*Terms and Conditions:
- Offer valid from 1st November 2017 to 28th February 2018 for admission to The National Wallace Monument between 10am and 11am.
- Discount not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- £1 tea or coffee applies to any regular sized tea or filter coffee purchased in Legends Coffee House from 1st November 2017 to 28th February 2018 between 10am and 11am.