Knock on History’s Door
10th Aug 2018
An Exclusive Evening Event on Tuesday 11th September
Make plans for a trip to Stirling on Tuesday 11th September as we mark the anniversary of the Battle of Stirling Bridge with an exclusive evening event.
Knock on History’s Door gives you the chance to see The National Wallace Monument in a whole new light as you explore the popular attraction after hours.
The evening will feature informative performances from our costumed actors portraying William Wallace and the Monument’s architect, J.T. Rochead and you will be able to take your time exploring the exhibition galleries inside the Monument, learning all about the life and legacy of Scotland’s National Hero.
- Discover the battle tactics used by the Scots in the Hall of Arms.
- See the famous Wallace Sword in the Hall of Heroes.
- Find out how Wallace has been remembered in the Royal Chamber.
The views from the Crown are one of the highlights of any visit to The National Wallace Monument – and when you reach the top of the Monument you will be able to relax and enjoy the evening views across central Scotland before making your way back down the Monument.
Whether you are a history buff or simply looking for a unique experience, Knock on History’s Door will be a brilliant way to gain new insights into William Wallace, patriot, martyr and Guardian of Scotland.
There are two time slots to choose between – 5:30pm or 7:00pm – and with a limited number of places available advanced bookings are recommended. Tickets can be purchased in advance online, simply follow one of the links below:
- The evening event is held inside The National Wallace Monument. Each level of the Monument is accessed by a spiral staircase, with 246 steps to the top of the tower.
- There will be a complimentary minibus to take visitors up and down the hill. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the stated start time to allow time to ascend the Abbey Craig.
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org